[BIOSAL] question about Thorium build options

George K. Thiruvathukal gkt at cs.luc.edu
Sat Nov 1 21:22:14 CDT 2014

​I've mostly figured out how to get things working with CDT but it still
doesn't work. I'll keep trying tomorrow (during whatever free cycles I
have). Because we depend on mpicc to build the code, however, it makes
things much more complicated. You can't rely completely on make, except for
the building part. Most of these IDEs still want to know the underlying
toolchain. Perhaps I can trick CDT by getting mpicc to show what command it
is actually running under the hood.

Perhaps we can spend a bit of time discussing this on Wednesday. I
personally feel like I (and probably others) would be more productive if we
can use modern tools to develop Thorium programs. I'm able to do quite a
bit with vim/emacs and friends (and often prefer this once I get more
fluent with a code base) but think it would be great if we can support CDT
"out of box" so to speak.

George

Anyway, I'm going to put this on our agenda for Wednesday. I've spent a
substn​

George K. Thiruvathukal, PhD
*Professor of Computer Science*, Loyola University Chicago
*Director*, Center for Textual Studies and Digital Humanities
*Guest Faculty*, Argonne National Laboratory, Math and Computer Science
Division
Editor in Chief, Computing in Science and Engineering
<http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/cise> (IEEE CS/AIP)
(w) gkt.tv (v) 773.829.4872