[BIOSAL] Causality and ACTION_STOP

Boisvert, Sebastien boisvert at anl.gov
Wed Nov 26 11:14:08 CST 2014

You got it. coverage_distribution.c contains the script biosal_coverage_distribution.

core_map_unpack is called when receiving ACTION_PUSH_DATA.

On the sender side:

Parallel code path: the message is sent here.
assembly_graph_store.c 503
    thorium_actor_send(self, customer, &new_message)  (with action specifier ACTION_PUSH_DATA,)

customer is assigned here:
assembly_graph_store.c 434
    customer = concrete_self->customer;

concrete_self->customer is set when receiving ACTION_SET_CONSUMER:
assembly_graph_store.c 285
        concrete_self->customer = customer;

> ./tests/test_map.c:        core_map_unpack(&map2, buffer);
>
> I can always use the example in test_map.c, but I'm trying to understand how your Spate code is unpacking the coverage_distribution map

The sender is a "struct biosal_assembly_graph_store
(with script "struct thorium_script biosal_assembly_graph_store_script")
and it sends a "struct core_map" to an actor using its name.
The sender does not know the script of the destination. It only knows its name.

The receiver is a "struct biosal_coverage_distribution" object (with script
"struct thorium_script biosal_coverage_distribution_script").
It receives a "struct core_map" since the sender packed such a core_map anyway. Any other
behavior for this action specifier and for this destination would cause a problem anyway or strange behavior.
There is some sort of contract between the source and the destination for the action ACTION_PUSH_DATA.

As usual, the source is free to do whatever it wants with the ACTION_PUSH_DATA message since it "controls
its destiny". It could for example do nothing at all with the message and just reply with
ACTION_PUSH_DATA_REPLY. This is how we get robustness.

> (from assembly_graph_store.c, line 494). It would seemingly need to be unpacked somewhere.

Yes. I agree.

The answer is:

coverage_distribution.c in the list you provided.